Download The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine 5E
The article is excerpted from Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine.
Disease/disorder articles typically cover definition; description; causes and symptoms; diagnosis; treatments; prevention; and more. Test/treatment articles typically cover definition; purposes; precautions; preparation; risks; normal and abnormal results; and much more. This second edition includes more than 200 new entries, 300 updated entries, approximately 650 color images and illustrations, and a comprehensive subject index. New features include biographical and historical sidebars throughout the text.
- Definitions — brief dictionary-style definition of the disorder
- Descriptions — overview of the disorder; who gets it and why
- Causes & symptoms — process, substance or organism that produces the condition; any risk factors that increase susceptibility to the condition; signs and symptoms of the disease
- Diagnosis — overview of procedures and tests used to diagnose the condition; how the test is done; who should be tested and when; time required; cost; whether it’s typically covered by insurance
- Treatments — overview of conventional methods of care or management of the condition, such as drugs, surgeries, physical therapy, etc.
- Alternative treatments — overview of alternative/complementary therapies that may be used to treat the condition
- Prognosis — probable outcome of the disease
- Preventions — what actions can be taken to prevent the condition from occurring
- Definitions — brief dictionary-style definition of the test/treatment
- Purposes — why and when this test/treatment is prescribed
- Precautions — when this test/treatment should not be prescribed
- Descriptions — overview of the test/treatment including cost, length of time required, procedures followed, whether typically covered by insurance
- Preparation — pre-test treatment procedures, if any
- Aftercare — post-test treatment procedures, if any
- Risks — any complications/side effects commonly associated with the test/treatment
- Normal results — for tests, describes the normal values; for treatments, describes the anticipated outcomes
- Abnormal results — defines abnormal test values
Download The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine 5E:
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.